Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Panic Attack Help - Don't Suffer More Than is Necessary

Panic attacks are a horrible thing to endure. I have suffered them for at least fifteen years, but probably much longer. I didn't know what was going on with me, so I'm not sure when they started.

I know I had problems with anxiety when I was pregnant with my seventh baby, who is now fourteen years-old. I went to see a counselor who told me that my depression had been there for a very long time.

He told me that panic is a fear of the future and depression is a fear of the past. I contemplated what he meant by that and I started to pay attention to my thoughts and feelings.

I realized that when I felt overly sad, I was thinking about something that had happened to me.

When I felt panicky, I was worried about something that I had to do or that might happen. I finally understand what he meant!

I have learned that it is important to recognized the symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks. You have to know what you are up against before you can begin fighting the battle.

Once you know what to look for, you can start finding help to get over your panic attacks - help that will allow you to have a happier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment